Wednesday 24 May 2017

Charlotte's Web



Miss Fortune has been a favorite clothing brand of mine for years and I actually stumbled across them in my early days of being a burlesque performer, I was besotted with Frankii Wilde and Zara Ann and all their modelling antics. They modelled for Miss Fortune back in the day and that's how I found this fabulous brand - Just show's you what models and social media can do right?

Well the marvelous wonder behind Miss Fortune, Laura has created a new Spider Web design sweater that is just darling! Everything about it is incredible - I now feel like I need the black one too, it's screaming my name!

This is the 'Bloody Mary' version of the Spider Web sweater









This is one of the comfiest, cosiest sweaters I've ever worn.

It's flattering but not too tight or figure hugging.

I found the sizing true to size and have worn it with so many things from jeans, to dungarees, to skirts and my pinafore. It's such a versatile piece that just looks great however you wear it.

I even wore it the other day to work Digbeth dining Club in Birmingham, it went down a treat and I got asked a lot where it was from - total stand out piece. The colour of this one is truly dreamy too so deep and jewel like.

Grab your Spider Web sweater while you can HERE!




Luxulite Vintage Style Spider Brooch!

You may have also noticed my little friend! That's right it's the Luxulite Spider series that these two brand collaborated on, isn't he adorable! He fits perfectly with this whole concept.

The brooch is utterly divine and will be perfect all year round but has already got me planning ideas for this years Halloween outfit.






I was blown away by Luxulite's attention to detail, the packaging was incredible! all pink of course our favorite colour - the little note, the candy stripes and the perfect little spider brooch I was in love with it all.

The spider has a little resin body that glitters and sparkles with little metal legs (8 little metal legs of course) - it was even better than I could have imagined and now I want them all!!

There are 4 colours and 2 sizes for each brooch that go perfectly with each sweater. There is actually a 'Bloody Mary' spider but I fancied the black one as I knew it would look amazing with the sweater and I would wear it with other outfits in various ways!

For instance I plan on pinning it to my Sarah's Doo Wop Doo's turban, the cobweb skirt I picked up for a Halloween day outfit and of course any sweater or cardigan I can pin it too.


Grab your Spider Brooch HERE!


I've also got one of the new and very popular Bobbie sweater - I remember this being released in peach and being Miss Peachy Keen Jelly Bean on Instagram I immediately wanted it but at the time didn't have the money and when I did my size had sold out. I forever regret that. but fear not the new colour ways are perfect for that day time pin up look.

Here I'm wearing the pink and grey harlequin Bobbie sweater.







Above I'm wearing the Bobbie sweater in pink and grey with my Collectif Bright and Beautiful Co. dungaree dress which has become a day to day staple of mine.

The little short sleeves are the perfect length, not too cap sleeve which wouldn't work at all - but I do think this jumper would be amazing in a 3/4 style too (Laura! please make it happen)

The neckline is fantastic, super soft material it doesn't itch or irritate at all. It sits well and the round neck is flattering (not too small either to pull over your head in case you've already done your hair ladies)

My only qualm is I should have gone smaller - I have a medium on but I think a small would have fit better across my neckline/shoulders. I had a little too much extra material around my neck and therefore my dungaree dress straps didn't sit too well.





I also popped it under my Collectif dungarees again another every day staple so easy to pop on, dress up and dress down.

Like the Spider Web sweater above this is the same cosy, comfy material.

The colours are delightfully spring / summer pastel shades that will be great with all your SS17 outfits! I can not wait to wear mine all summer and it's such a transitional piece for Autumn when it's not too cold just a bit of a chill in the air.

Such a true vintage pattern, harlequin will never go out of fashion!



Hands down I know these two sweaters are going to be worn to death, I love them both and now feel like I need more colours.

And Miss Fortune I need some of these sweaters in a 3/4 sleeve too can we make this happen! say yes to me!!

Grab your Harlequin Bobbie sweater HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...